Thursday, January 1, 2009

RAMADAN FOODS IN MANDAILING

RAMADAN FOODS IN MANDAILING
If an Arabic come to my town in Ramadan month, maybe he will feels astonish to look many kind of date?fruit in my town. Many Muslim always break his fast in Maghrib with date. Many kind of date I find in my town. For a kind of date fruit we can buy with Rp 12.000 / kg, 20.000/ kg 25.000/ kg and many other price.
Date comes to my town Panyabungan, Mandailing Natal is from India, Iraqi, Saudi Arabia, Nigeria and many others.
If you are a tourist from Arab or the else place such as from Europe or America, you can find date fruit in my town. But you have to know that no tree of date fruit here. Every merchant buys it from Medan and the merchant in Medan buys from Arabic area.
The food for break fast in Magrib call as 'Parbuko' in Panyabungan. The food for parbuko is not only date fruit here. There are many kind of foods for break fast here. They are: Es Doger (Doger ice), Onde-onde (food from powder of wheat), Toge (traditionil food from Mandailing), Mie rebus, (noodle), Sate (food from Padang, Indonesia), Sarabi (wheat and palm sugar), Kue Bongko (wheat and palm sugar too) and many kind foods.
Whoever comes to my town in Ramadan time, he will very surprise to look many foods in my area. The face of my town really change because of many sellers of food in my town. I remember to write it not in Ramadan time because I never write anything in Ramadan. Cause in Ramadan I always do fasting and have no any time to write anything.
There are many markets in my area. But the big market only in Pasar Lama and Pasar Baru. The space of these market about 2 Kms. Whenever you come here, you may try to buy many foods in my town. The price is not so expensive, cause Rupiah is not a high curency. To buy onde-onde, you only preserve money Rp: 1.000. To buy Toge you only preserve Rp: 2.000. Something the expensive one only to buy date friut, cause it come from far country like Arabic. As you know nowadays the price of Rupiah only about 11.000 for 1 USD. So everything is easy to buy with Dollar money. When you come to Indonesia, please visit North Sumatra. Panyabungan, Mandailing Natal is only about 500 Kms from the capital of North Sumatra, Medan. Everybody can stay here, because there many hotels here. You will find that people in Mandailing is very friendly. It is enough with my writing. When you want to know more about Panyabungan, please search Panyabungan in Google search. You will know more about it. Thank you

No comments: